grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and IDMs

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and IDMs

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Gabby Capitanchik <>, , Tim gray <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and IDMs
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:39:50 +0000

--On 28 January 2009 09:10 +0000 Gabby Capitanchik <> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks once again for the great responses you have provided! I have
couple more questions relating to peoples experiences integrating Grouper
with an IDM.

1) What IDMs are people using? Are people creating their own or using a
third party product (e.g. Kuali)
We have only integrated with our own systems.

2) What are the most common issue with integrating Grouper with an IDM?
One thing to bear in mind is that Grouper will typically connect to an IDM system as a single user - not the user who is executing the Grouper API - so more (or less) information than is ideal may be exposed depending on whether you connect as a high/low privilege user.

Cheers

Gabby Capitanchik

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing

  • Re: [grouper-users] Grouper and IDMs, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 01/28/2009