grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc and Grouper privileges

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc and Grouper privileges

  • From: Arnaud Deman <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc and Grouper privileges
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:20:10 +0100

Tom Barton a écrit :

I don't thik we will use this approach mainly for two reasons:
- The privileges mecanism of Grouper was one of our motivation in our choice of using Grouper and I would like to use it from all the access points of the groups.
- We will delegate the administration of some groups to the local administrators (who are teachers) and I don't want to complicate the groups management.

Good point.

I've created enhancement request <https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/MCO-22> to track this.

In addition, there would need to be an LDAP objectclass created that contains the appropriate attributes in which to list Subjects from those lists. Have you already created one?
Not yet, because I wondered if there is standard class/attribute to do that. In fact this was my next question :-) .
Hmm. Might you be interested to create one and put it on the list for comments?

Tom
Ok Tom, I'll do it when I start working on it.

Arnaud.

--

Arnaud Deman
GIP RECIA