grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc and Grouper privileges

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc and Grouper privileges

  • From: Arnaud Deman <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Ldappc and Grouper privileges
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:42:53 +0100

We are deploying an adaptation of uPortal in a multi-establishments context. Actually the need is for an application developped here wich allows to delegate some administrations tasks (for instance, a local administrator could have to reset the passwords for a group of students). I think we will have this need also for channels/portlet faily quicly. I am thinking about calendar's applications for instance.

Arnaud.

Tom Barton a écrit :
I see. So applications using ldap would implement appropriate group security, not the ldap DSA itself.

Are there any particular applications you have in mind that would use grouper security info from ldap?

Tom

Arnaud Deman wrote:
Hi Tom,

For exemple, for the read privilege, we would like to have in the groups entries the attributes reader for the readers' dn and hasReader for their id. Ideally we would also like to have the attribute isReaderOf for the subject entry. It would be te same idea for the admin privilege.

Arnaud.

Tom Barton a écrit :
Ldappc does not have that capability, but I'm curious about how you'd want that info to appear in your ldap directory. What, precisely, would you want Ldappc to do? Maybe it can be arranged...

Tom

Arnaud Deman wrote:
Hi,

We are using Grouper and Ldappc and we wondered if there is a way to provision the privileges (i.e. admin, read, etc.). We don't use Signet for now.

Thanks,
Arnaud.

--

Arnaud Deman