grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Issues with configuring and building 1.3.1

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Issues with configuring and building 1.3.1

  • From: Raymond D Walker <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Issues with configuring and building 1.3.1
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:38:07 -0700

> From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing"
> <>
> Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 02:04:03 -0700
> To: Tom Barton
> <>,
> Raymond D Walker
> <>
> Cc:
> <>
> Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Issues with configuring and building 1.3.1
>
> --On 20 October 2008 14:16 -0500 Tom Barton
> <>
> wrote:
>

>> wrote:
>>> [javac] error: Exception thrown while constructing Processor object: no
>>> manifiest section for signature file entry
>>> com/sun/mail/smtp/SMTPAddressSucceededException.class
>>>
>>> Scrubbing through the list archives, I see that others have encountered
>>> similar issues while running, etc. but not during a build. Not much
>>> luck in getting this build working... any ideas?
>>
>> I'll let Gary respond to that.
> Would you give some more details - OS and JDK version?
>
> Is there a chance that there is an smtp.jar on your classpath somewhere
> e.g. %JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib, or have you changed the one provided with the
> API?
>
> In the grouper-ui/build.xml file you try modifying the ui.class.path. For
> each of the <fileset dir= tags add <exclude name='smtp.jar'/>. If you still
> get the error it would suggest that another smtp.jar is on the classpath.

I was on JDK 6 on an XP sp3 box, where I was having other issues as well. I
decided to move over to RHEL4 with JDK 5... On the redhat box I get the
previously noted deploy issues that are now similar to those brought up
previously on this list.

Even when trying the exclude tags in the build.xml... Or pushing the
smtp.jar and mailapi.jar to tomcat's common/lib did nothing change.

I then re-read the similar issue previously posted/solved on the list:
https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/grouper-users/2008-07/msg00005.html

And all is well once again! Seems to be a stripped manifest from the prior
compilation of the api.
--
Raymond Walker
Software Systems Engineer Sr.