grouper-users - XML Import task

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

XML Import task

  • From: Thomas M Goerger <>
  • To:
  • Subject: XML Import task
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:04:44 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to import a number of users to groups using the xml import
function, and I'm not sure of what information grouper is looking for to
find the groups. I'm parsing a flat file full of ldap information into an
xml document I'm creating. So, I've created a listing of some of the
group information, followed by a list of the subjects after this. I've
gotten the task to accept my xml document's formatting, but none of the
users are appearing in the database. I'm assuming that I'm missing
something in my document that is causing the problem. What's the minimum
amount of information about a group that Grouper needs to import users
through the xml-import task? All I'd like to enter in is the name of the
group, or its extension, but that doesn't seem to work. Do you need the
ID? Anybody have any examples of an import doc that they wouldn't mind
sharing?

Thanks,

Tom Goerger
University of Minnesota