grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] XML Import task

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] XML Import task

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Thomas M Goerger <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] XML Import task
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:44:04 +0100

If you look at the import schema there is a choice between data and dataList tags. dataList can include group and / or stem tags which can list members, or subjects with privileges, as appropriate. So, you should be able to minimally represent groups using a name attribute and list members per the QuickStart example. Groups can be in any order and you don't need to nest groups within stems.

This method will not attempt to create missing groups or update group attributes.

Gary

--On 09 June 2008 22:36 -0500 Tom Barton

There is, but it may take a thorough reading of
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Import-Export>.
And, depending on exactly how you will proceed, you might need to use a
non-default import.properties file. The default is buried in the source
at src/grouper/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/import.properties. Copy
it to wherever you run your xml.import ant task and modify it as needed.

Alternatively, you could do a quick and dirty conversion from flatfile to
grouper shell commands that you give to gsh in batch. See
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/GrouperShell+%28
gsh%29>.

And Chris is working on a contributed loader, but it's not in finished
form.

Tom

Thomas M Goerger wrote:
So, the quickstart xml file is indicative of the amount of information
that you need to have in order to add users to existing groups? What if
I've got groups created, and just want to add some users using a flat
file? Is there no way to just update group information using the
import-xml task?