grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] XML Import task

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] XML Import task

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Thomas M Goerger <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] XML Import task
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:36:38 -0500

There is, but it may take a thorough reading of <https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Import-Export>. And, depending on exactly how you will proceed, you might need to use a non-default import.properties file. The default is buried in the source at src/grouper/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/import.properties. Copy it to wherever you run your xml.import ant task and modify it as needed.

Alternatively, you could do a quick and dirty conversion from flatfile to grouper shell commands that you give to gsh in batch. See <https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/GrouperShell+%28gsh%29>.

And Chris is working on a contributed loader, but it's not in finished form.

Tom

Thomas M Goerger wrote:
So, the quickstart xml file is indicative of the amount of information
that you need to have in order to add users to existing groups? What if
I've got groups created, and just want to add some users using a flat
file? Is there no way to just update group information using the
import-xml task?