grouper-users - Re: [signet-users] Re: [grouper-users] ldappc build question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [signet-users] Re: [grouper-users] ldappc build question

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Kathryn Huxtable <>, "Michael R. Gettes" <>, "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Users <>, Signet Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [signet-users] Re: [grouper-users] ldappc build question
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:48:06 -0500

Chris Hyzer wrote:
My understanding of why we aren't using Maven is that it isn't a
silver bullet over ant (there are pros and cons), and we would rather
spend a few resources standardizing some build files / tasks / dir
structure than completely reimplementing a build tool (which I would
think would be a larger task). ...

Either way, I think we need to make a final decision and we can all
go in that direction for a while (I thought we had a decision the
last time we discussed it with the grouper team, but maybe not).

We did discuss, we did decide, but of course not everyone on this list was on that call, nor did I make a formal announcement to the list. So here it is:

For the time being, and at least through the balance of our current funding, we'll stick with ant and focus that part of our make-implementation-easier efforts on things such as standardizing dir structures and build tasks and reducing the number of places at which the same or similar config files or 3rd party libs must be duplicated.

Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technology
adr;dom:1155 E. 60th St.;;Rm 309, 1155 Bldg;Chicago;IL;60637
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director - Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1