grouper-users - RE: [signet-users] Re: [grouper-users] ldappc build question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [signet-users] Re: [grouper-users] ldappc build question

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Kathryn Huxtable <>, "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • Cc: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Users <>, Signet Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [signet-users] Re: [grouper-users] ldappc build question
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:12:13 -0400

My understanding of why we aren't using Maven is that it isn't a silver
bullet over ant (there are pros and cons), and we would rather spend a few
resources standardizing some build files / tasks / dir structure than
completely reimplementing a build tool (which I would think would be a larger
task). When I google maven vs ant it seems like not everyone prefers
maven... if we were starting from scratch we might have a different
direction, but we already have an install base with ant.

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/maven_vs_ant

Either way, I think we need to make a final decision and we can all go in
that direction for a while (I thought we had a decision the last time we
discussed it with the grouper team, but maybe not).

Thanks!
Chris