grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] null dto in class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession error.

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] null dto in class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession error.

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Sanjay Vivek <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] null dto in class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession error.
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:40:39 -0500

I've removed lots of log messages for (my) clarity. Personally, I can manage to follow openldap logs with loglevel=256, but other values don't yield much info for me.

Sanjay Vivek wrote:
conn=27 op=1 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 nentries=1 text=

This indicates that 1 entry matched the search criterion.

Line 6, which is in bold, states that the search filter is wrong. Does this mean that the <source-subject-identifiers> element below is configured wrongly?

I don't think that is the meaning of that line. The log entry I didn't remove above indicates a successful search.

dn: uid= john.smith @ ncl.ac . uk ,ou=people,dc=ncl,dc=ac,dc=uk
objectClass: top
objectclass: person
objectclass: eduPerson
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
eduPersonPrincipalName: john.smith @ ncl.ac . uk
uid: john.smith @ ncl.ac . uk
cn: John Smith
sn: Smith

This looks fine, although those spaces in the uid value make me wonder. But if they're also in the loginid values in your jdbc source, no problem. And again, that one search logged above was successful.

Looking over your ldappc.xml, I see no obvious issues. So maybe there is an ACL issue in your ldap back-end, or something like that.

Perhaps the entire openldap log from one entire ldappc run, with openldap loglevel set to 256, would yield some insight. If you agree, why don't you send that to me directly rather than to the list. I'll send a reply with appropriate excerpts and copy the list.

Tom