grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] null dto in class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession error.

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] null dto in class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession error.

  • From: "Sanjay Vivek" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] null dto in class edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperSession error.
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:58:14 +0100

Hi Tom,

I've taken a look at the LDAP logs and it looks like Ldappc is looking
for the users in the Grouper groups in the LDAP source and not the JDBC
source. For example, we have John Smith
()
in
the Staff group and he's located in our JDBC source (jdbc_ncl). What we
would like to happen is for the groups to be provisioned from Grouper to
LDAP with the following entry in LDAP:

dn: cn=ncl:staff,ou=grouper,dc=ncl,dc=ac,dc=uk
objectClass: groupOfNames
objectClass: top
member:
,ou=grouper,dc=ncl,dc=ac,dc=uk
cn: ncl:staff

We are in a rather unique position of having JDBC as our primary source
of users. So is it feasible to provision users from our JDBC source to
LDAP without the users first being present in a LDAP source? Cheers.

Regards
Sanjay