grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Performance Issues With 1.2 rc3

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Performance Issues With 1.2 rc3

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Performance Issues With 1.2 rc3
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:59:31 -0500

That index is indeed not generated by default in 1.2.0-rc3, and it makes sense that it would drive down the one large response time remaining after you installed the other indices, by removing a table scan from the set of DB operations needed to delete a stem.

We'll add that index to v1.2.0, unless blair finds some strange negative side-effect of so doing.

Thanks!

Shilen Patel wrote:
I'm also seeing significant performance improvements with stem deletions after adding an index to grouper_stems.parent_stem.

-- Shilen

Shilen Patel wrote:
I just listed a subset of the indexes we have on that table that involved the columns in the index we created. Here are all the indexes we have on grouper_memberships.

grouper_memberships_idx1 -- The one we created.
membership_createtime_idx
membership_creator_idx
membership_depth_idx
membership_field_idx
membership_member_idx
membership_owner_idx
membership_parent_idx
membership_type_idx
membership_uuid_idx
membership_via_idx
sys_c0018798 - created from the primary key.
sys_c0019799 - created from the unique key

Am I missing anything that should have been created by default? I also don't have any errors in those two log files.

Thanks,

-- Shilen

blair christensen. wrote:
On 6/18/07, Shilen Patel
We have the default indexes on the grouper_memberships table including:

membership_owner_idx
membership_field_idx
membership_type_idx

Your schema isn't being generated properly for some reason on this
table (if not other tables as well). There are (ugh) 10 different
indexes that should be created by default on the "grouper_memberships"
table.

It is possible that any errors arising during the schema creation
might be logged in either the "GROUPER_HOME/schemaexport.log" or
"GROUPER_HOME/grouper_error.log".