grouper-users - Re: Could you tell me how to use the grouper api?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: Could you tell me how to use the grouper api?

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: "??" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Could you tell me how to use the grouper api?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:07:50 +0100

Hi aifei,

There is a project underway to produce a provisioning connector which will update LDAP with membership information from Grouper. A description of the aims of the project can be found at <https://filer.uchicago.edu/users/tbarton/public/jndi-conn-rfq-02.html>.

It is expected that an initial version will be ready in early November.

As for the Grouper API, given a Subject you can obtain a Member using MemberFinder:
public static Member findByUuid(GrouperSession s, String uuid)

and given a member you can call:

Member.getGroups(), or Member.getMemberships().

You could try to iterate across all Subjects, find the memberships and write something to update LDAP, but in practice you probably want to only at Subjects which are members of groups which have changed. I would wait for the LDAP provisioning connector, but if you have specific requirements, as to how memberships are reflected in your LDAP repository, it would be worth discussing them on this list.

Regards,

Gary

--On 12 October 2006 10:50 +0800 "??"

aifei

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing