grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Privilege Problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Privilege Problem

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: "Stephen A. Langella" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Privilege Problem
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:50:46 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=Mwy/5uO+Etv9bqG+GXe1pDMNI1XZP+c878eV7boO9N/5x9Q8LXcafXlPPaB+UzONpxLkdYlJxHxEECidgJopv6o3nds9ZhyoDlwwkiqGoOuUn0oWqoYUoj8ol9bMi88ni/VFozmvNGfOrewUc1agyGFODEGkAo/yZUzASAAoJL4=

On 8/14/06, Stephen A. Langella
I found what I think to be a caching problem with grouper privileges. If I
create a stem, check whether a user has create privileges on a stem (find
out the don't), add the user to the wheel group (admin), check again to
determine whether the user has create privileges on the stem, grouper tells
me they don't. If however I first add them to the wheel group (without
checking first) and then ask whether they have create privileges grouper
tells me yes. Any ideas?

That's a bug.

I had been meaning to refactor most of the privilege caching code
anyway; this certainly increases my motivation.

Thanks for the report.

  • Privilege Problem, Stephen A. Langella, 08/14/2006
    • Re: [grouper-users] Privilege Problem, blair christensen., 08/16/2006