grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Another stab at the left column

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Another stab at the left column

  • From: Michael Girgis <>
  • To: "<> Dev" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Another stab at the left column
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:31:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Thanks for all the feedback today on the UI wireframes. Extremely helpful. Just after the call, I had an idea for an even simpler version of the left column. This one eliminates the need for a "Filter" or "Show" dropdown, and allows the Explore Tree to serve a single purpose - browsing the entire folder structure.

In this version, a "My Groups" quick link takes the user to a separate screen with two tabs for both "Groups I Can Manage" and "My Memberships", both of which were previously filters. Favorites and My Services would have similar behavior. What I like about this version is the very prominent link to "My Groups," which I think will be appreciated by novice users. This approach also allows for more room to clearly display the full path to each of the listed Groups.

Unless I hear strong opposition, I think I'll try testing with this approach.

Thanks,
Michael