grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] grouper 2.1.0

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] grouper 2.1.0

  • From: Lynn Garrison <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc: James Vuccolo <>, Tom Zeller <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] grouper 2.1.0
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:16:17 -0500

Jim, Tom,
I have good news and not so good news. I have been able to
reproduce the problem in gsh. Using the SubjectFinder.findAll command in
gsh, I get the same error. When I changed the search definition in the
sources file to filter on uid instead of cn and removed the firstlastfilter
of sn, I was able to execute the SubjectFinder.findAll in gsh. I rebuilt the
ui and I was able to find a subject.

Here is a snippet from the sources.xml file that worked

<search>
<searchType>search</searchType>
<param>
<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>
(cn=%TERM%)
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>firstlastfilter</param-name>
<param-value>
(sn=%TERM%)
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>scope</param-name>
<param-value>SUBTREE_SCOPE</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>base</param-name>
<param-value>dc=psu,dc=edu</param-value>
</param>
</search>

The sources.xml file that I have been using with grouper for the last
two years of testing has always had the above search. I must have run into
this problem before but didn't remember the details. I turned on subject
api debug and ran the SubjectFinder.findAll command in gsh before I updated
the sources file. I am attaching the error log. As we get closer to a
production release it would be nice to be able to activate the cn/sn filter.