grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] federated grouper

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] federated grouper

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>, Niels van Dijk <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] federated grouper
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 20:45:08 -0700

For reasons related to FERPA we are not able to show people's names to all
clients. For that reason we have always allowed people to add and remove
members by their logon id -- which at least uniquely identifies them to us.
Email address seems kind of nebulous and subject to change. I suppose our
logon ids are somewhat similar to gridgrouper's cert subjects.

Jim