grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] federated grouper

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] federated grouper

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Niels van Dijk <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] federated grouper
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 21:03:10 -0500

On 8/5/2010 2:52 PM, Chris Hyzer wrote:
Ø Also, we had a people picker, but decided that it was a better idea, from privacy viewpoint , that a person should be invited via his/her email address only. This way there has to be some 'out of band' mechanism for the inviter to get these adresses, and also the chance of being invited to a group by accident e.g.by selecting the wrong person from the list is much smaller.

I think most people will want to use it like that. Tom mentioned entering id’s since the admin might know the id… hmmm

It's a requirement of GridGrouper, a packaging of grouper within the caGrid security layer, for admins to enter the subject name of end-user certs used in that environment for authentication and identification.