grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] RE: xml export/import v1.6

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] RE: xml export/import v1.6

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] RE: xml export/import v1.6
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:15:27 -0500

> And a different question: what is the purpose of the contextId element?

It relates to the last user audit record that changed that row. So if you
want to know why a row exists (or what the last thing that touched it was),
you can dereference the contextId in the user audit table.

> Alternatively, would it make sense to include an attribute of
> uuid-bearing child elements that contain the name of the object being
> referenced? Eg,

Well, if it were easy, I might say yes. But I didn't want to mess with the
default Xstream serialization. Plus, I also didn't want people to rely on
this either i.e. start using it for something, since the xml export isn't for
provisioning, right? :)

Anyways, here is the final version of the export with comments turned on.
That is, unless someone has comments on my comments.

Regards,