grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] upgrade to 1.5 experience

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] upgrade to 1.5 experience

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] upgrade to 1.5 experience
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:59:18 -0800 (PST)

So there's some inefficiency here making that query unusable. Maybe
a missing index for
the query by user session?

Possibly or postgres is not optimized to run one of the queries. I'll
try to reproduce what you're seeing to figure out where things are
slowing down. If it's possible for you to send me an xml export of
your data (mask subjectIds and group names if needed), that would help.

I suppose a real DBA would have known, but ANALYZE also can greatly affect the efficiency of queries. After doing an analyze on the three tables the search with a user session is about the same as the root session.

We live and learn I guess. I'll add more groups and users to the database and see what happens.

Jim