grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] upgrade to 1.5 experience

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] upgrade to 1.5 experience

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Jim Fox <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] upgrade to 1.5 experience
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:05:59 -0800

   so it appears some tables are dropped.

You had the latest grouper code with "ant dist", right?  Can you send me the sql script mentioned above?  I hope you had a backup of your tables

This was my development setup.  So no harm done.  I think I have a copy of the script.  I'll send it tomorrow.

   Postgres automatically creates constraints on many key generations.

Hmmm, I didn't get that when I upgraded my quickstart I believe...

I might give it a try from the puny quickstart DB.

At this point the 1.5 database seems OK.  However,

If I create a root session and do a query for groups by member
(GroupMemberFilter) I get back the list of groups immediately.

If I create a user session and do a query for groups by member
I get back the list of groups in twenty seconds!

Is this expected?  Or am I missing an index somewhere?

I don't know how to query the information_schema for indexes (does anyone?) but when you browse the tables (e.g. in pgadmin) do you see 14 indexes on grouper_group_set, 11 indexes on grouper_groups, and 20 indexes on grouper_memberships?

I have one more than that in each case.  I'm going to give a clean DB a try, and see what comes of that.

Jim