grouper-dev - upgrade to 1.5 experience

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

upgrade to 1.5 experience

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: upgrade to 1.5 experience
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:43:13 -0800 (PST)

Following the directions on the '1.5 from 1.4.2' webpage:

(this is method 2)

1) # ./bin/gsh.sh -registry -check

The instructions say to "carefully review" the script. It is 3000 lines
long.
The instructions say, "The script shouldn't be dropping or truncating any
tables."

# grep -i 'drop table' ddlScripts/grouperDdl_20091116_11_01_09_603.sql
DROP TABLE grouper_groups CASCADE;
DROP TABLE grouper_groups_ CASCADE;
DROP TABLE grouper_memberships CASCADE;
DROP TABLE grouper_memberships_ CASCADE;
DROP TABLE grouper_groups CASCADE;
DROP TABLE grouper_groups_ CASCADE;
so it appears some tables are dropped.

2) # bin/gsh.sh -registry -runsqlfile
ddlScripts/grouperDdl_20091116_11_01_09_603.sql

Hit a bunch of errors, all the same kind, like this:

Error running script: constraint "fk_attributes_field_id" for relation
"grouper_attributes" already exists

Postgres automatically creates constraints on many key generations.

3) Manually ran the sql script into postgres and ignored the 'already exists'
errors;

4) ran in gsh: AddMissingGroupSets().addAllMissingGroupSets()

5) # ./bin/gsh.sh -registry -deep

ditto the 'already exists' errors. Manually fed to sql into postgres.

At this point the 1.5 database seems OK. However,

If I create a root session and do a query for groups by member
(GroupMemberFilter) I get back the list of groups immediately.

If I create a user session and do a query for groups by member
I get back the list of groups in twenty seconds!

Is this expected? Or am I missing an index somewhere?

Jim