grouper-dev - Code for simplified UI

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Code for simplified UI

  • From: Rob Hebron <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Code for simplified UI
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 21:31:05 +0100

Hi,

At Cardiff University we've implemented Grouper as our core means of
creating and managing groups. As important parts of this we've:

1. developed a new, simplified UI for end users built on Spring webflow
2. used the hooks in the API to synchronise data held in Grouper with the
LDAP directories used in the University (Novell eDirectory). An open source
ESB (Mule) and rules engine (Drools) is used to do this as a 2-way sync
3. made no changes to the API

The code we've developed can all be made available as open source, and we'd
very much like to do so if there is interest. From the point of view of
Grouper developers, what would be the best way to go about this? I plan to
keep maintaining the code, but is there somewhere where should it live, or
be linked from, so it would be of most benefit?

Regards,

Rob