grouper-dev - Whats new with Grouper presentation

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Whats new with Grouper presentation

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Tom Barton <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Whats new with Grouper presentation
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 04:35:31 -0400

Hey,

For those who missed the talk at the Internet2 Fall Member meeting yesterday,
here is the pres that Shilen and I gave (including slides from Gary on the
auditing UI).

https://spaces.internet2.edu/download/attachments/10060005/grouperWhatsNew.ppt

Note there are two privilege management demos, and one attribute framework
demo. For the privilege management demo movies, make sure you have the xvid
codec. If anyone (who isn't already in contact with me), can use Grouper
privilege management or the attribute framework, especially in the next few
months, let me know.

Martin, I have a bunch of slides and a demo on what I believe you are
requesting in the attribute framework. Can you look at it in the pres
(attribute demo #1) and see if you think it will work for you. The only open
issue is the interface to make changes. I don't think GSH will work
(performance too slow, hard to parse output). I think we will have a WS and
grouperClient interface to attributes, but after 1.5.0. If you can wait
until 1.5.1, we can have it by then. This should be usable from CVS in
Dec/Jan, and released in Jan/Feb. You could use this to read attributes as
well, instead of SQL. Let me know.

  • Whats new with Grouper presentation, Chris Hyzer, 10/07/2009