Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: Rob Hebron <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Code for simplified UI
- Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:03:11 -0500
That's great news!
I think it'd be a good initial step to make a Cardiff contrib page following SteveO's guidance and put doc and instructions for obtaining the code there. Please let me know if you'd like any help or advice about that.
Your work appears to mesh very well with at least two aspects of the grouper roadmap. One is getting some variety of simpler UIs into the package to better enable adopters to support use cases that need non-technical people in front of a UI. The other is looking for a campus to partner with to enable notifications to be delivered over an ESB.
Would you be open to the idea of working with us as those items come to foreground?
Rob Hebron wrote:
At Cardiff University we've implemented Grouper as our core means of
creating and managing groups. As important parts of this we've:
1. developed a new, simplified UI for end users built on Spring webflow
2. used the hooks in the API to synchronise data held in Grouper with the
LDAP directories used in the University (Novell eDirectory). An open source
ESB (Mule) and rules engine (Drools) is used to do this as a 2-way sync
3. made no changes to the API
The code we've developed can all be made available as open source, and we'd
very much like to do so if there is interest. From the point of view of
Grouper developers, what would be the best way to go about this? I plan to
keep maintaining the code, but is there somewhere where should it live, or
be linked from, so it would be of most benefit?
- Code for simplified UI, Rob Hebron, 10/08/2009
- RE: [grouper-dev] Code for simplified UI, Chris Hyzer, 10/08/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] Code for simplified UI, Tom Barton, 10/09/2009
- Re: [grouper-dev] Code for simplified UI, Rob Hebron, 10/12/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.