grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] secure Shibboleth - Grouper integration

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] secure Shibboleth - Grouper integration

  • From: Brendan Bellina <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] secure Shibboleth - Grouper integration
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:04:55 -0700

One possible issue that comes to mind regarding uApprove is that the attributes and even values shown by uApprove may not mean very much to the user. For example, our group dn's and entitlements as well are based on opaque identifiers. So showing a user a list of isMemberOf values or ePAs and asking them to approve which ones can be released to an SP isn't really going to be very helpful. uApprove would need to query for additional information about the groups and display that information in its interface or we would need to provide some kind of mapping document and expect the user to take the time to look them up before responding, and that isn't likely. It isn't as simple as releasing a phone number or an email address, for which little or no explanation would be required.

Regards,

Brendan

On Sep 4, 2009, at 7:33 AM,