grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] secure Shibboleth - Grouper integration

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] secure Shibboleth - Grouper integration

  • From: "Michael A. Grady" <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] secure Shibboleth - Grouper integration
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:43:03 -0500

In the past I've had the thought that, as federated apps "catch on", and thus the number of ARPs an IdP admin would need to manage grew, that managing the ARPs in some way in something like Grouper might make sense. And my concern about who has the right to release what would seem to apply more with external partners than internal ones. I could imagine that with proper naming constraints, both in the names of groups and the entityIds of the SPs, that one could potentially do this. Generate the ARPs (at least some of them) from Grouper, and in that generation one could apply business rules such as the Group name prefix has to match a level of the entityId or some such, which could basically translate into your desire for someone to able to release the group memberships for groups they manage to their own apps/ services (i.e. their own SPs).