grouper-dev - lite ui

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

lite ui

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: lite ui
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 03:09:31 -0400

Hey,

OK, I am done with the lite UI (well, not really, but Im time-boxing here).
I have a few small issues, and I will launch to experimental prod at Penn.
Please see the latest movie about it:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/download/attachments/4588063/groupUpdateLiteUi2.avi

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+update+memberships+lite+UI

There are some exciting features that are good for this UI, and will be good
for other screens we make in grouper (components can be re-used).

Some new things include:

Ajax menus (dhtmlx)
Advanced options (hidden in a menu to reduce clutter)
Member options (show member info, hidden in menu to reduce clutter)
Multi-delete (like current UI)
Export subject IDs as CSV
Export all subject info as CSV
Import (add new subjects, bulk add), as CSV or list of subjectIds etc
Import (replace existing members), as CSV or list of subjectIds etc
Filter Group members: this doesn't really exist in the current API, and we
can add in 1.5.
This is a useful feature to search large group lists for people
Reusing the current UI's nav.properties and media.properties

Regards,