grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] findByName

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] findByName

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>, Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] findByName
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:48:47 -0400

Cant we just have a group.addPreviousName(name) [which currently replaces the
current one] and group.deletePreviousName(name)? if someone tries to use a
previous name which is removed, then they just add it back. If it is a
question as to whether they know what the name is, cant they look in the logs
to see where the error is occurring? And yes, I think we can assume people
will use auditing, and if they don't want to, we don't need to code around it.

These methods can be callable by GSH, and I can expose them via WS and client
fairly easily with the save group service (in the detail portion)