grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] exception handling and finders

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] exception handling and finders

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] exception handling and finders
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:01:52 -0400

If no one disagrees I can do this…

From: [mailto:] On Behalf Of Tom Zeller
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:47 PM
To: Chris Hyzer

One open issue is should we do the same thing to the subject API (make exceptions unchecked, and finders which return 1 result should take a param as to whether or not null is an exception)?  I would have already except I believe it would change the interface of custom sources, so people would need to tweak them and recompile before upgrading to 1.5… is this ok?

The subject API seems simple enough that we should opt for consistency, i.e. make the subject API like grouper.

Should we roll the subject API into grouper as we did ldappc ?

TomZ