grouper-dev - exception handling and finders

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

exception handling and finders

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: exception handling and finders
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:29:24 -0400

Hey,

I committed my work for exception handling and finder changes per previous discussions…  I ran all the tests, fixed them, committed, merged with 1.4 branch, committed.  Now I am running the tests again, tomorrow I can fix any problems.

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Exception+handling+in+Grouper

One open issue is should we do the same thing to the subject API (make exceptions unchecked, and finders which return 1 result should take a param as to whether or not null is an exception)?  I would have already except I believe it would change the interface of custom sources, so people would need to tweak them and recompile before upgrading to 1.5… is this ok?

Ps. Btw, there is a lot going on in 1.4 and 1.5, so we should verify recent 1.4 fixes in 1.5 (since it was merged).