grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] exception handling and finders

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] exception handling and finders

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] exception handling and finders
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:52:02 -0500

Tom Zeller wrote:
One open issue is should we do the same thing to the subject API
(make exceptions unchecked, and finders which return 1 result should
take a param as to whether or not null is an exception)? I would
have already except I believe it would change the interface of
custom sources, so people would need to tweak them and recompile
before upgrading to 1.5… is this ok?

The subject API seems simple enough that we should opt for consistency, i.e. make the subject API like grouper.

Should we roll the subject API into grouper as we did ldappc ?

I'd like to keep it separate to preserve the prospect for independent application of and development of it.

I'd also like to find someone to work on it! :-)