grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 18-Feb-09

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 18-Feb-09

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 18-Feb-09
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:44:05 -0500

Grouper Call 18-Feb-09**

[AI]  (TomZ) will confirm that Ldappc uses query filters to determine when a group was last modified.

Last Membership Update Issue

Shilen:  Should we prevent updating the modifyUUID and modifyTime for a group or stem when a member or privilege is added or deleted and instead create last_membership_change attributes on groups and stems?

How would this affect Ldappc, which does membership updates based on the time the group was last updated?

TomZ will look into possible dependency with Ldappc:
[AI]  (TomZ) will confirm that Ldappc uses query filters to determine when a group was last modified.

Chris noted that, long-term, if Ldappc is moved to notifications, then we may not need the last_membership_change field at all.

[AI] (Shilen) will create a Jira item for the UUID and last membership update issue.

Ldappc calls group.getModifyTime() to determine if a group has been modified recently. If the last time of a membership change is not available, then ldappc will have difficulty determining groups that need to be updated.

Perhaps we should make the last_membership_change attribute/column mandatory, and provide another method to return the last membership modification time, e.g. group.getMembershipModifyTime().

[I've added this comment to jira]

TomZ