grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] subject attribute cache?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] subject attribute cache?

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] subject attribute cache?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:15:22 +0000

--On 25 February 2009 09:52 -0500 Chris Hyzer

Browsing 60K members in the UI is never likely to be satisfactory. Do

I think Im still naively optimistic... :)

Yes we should fix that - either exclude it from the results or have
attribute requests return 'unresolvable'

Maybe instead or in addition to "unresolvable", we could just display the
source and subjectId... a bunch of "unresolvables" I think would not
make for happy users... :)
We should aim to display source/subject id though it may be harder than you would think... The ui allows you to specify a default attribute to show per source, or to configure arbitrary templates - so you won't necessarily know which attributes will be requested. I'll take a look.

Regards,
Chris

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing