grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] standardizing build procedures

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] standardizing build procedures

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] standardizing build procedures
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:24:37 -0400

> I don't have anything fancy set up for Grouper right now - I'm not
> routinely building for dev, beta and production. I agree I can add
> something later if I want, so, for the API we can do without the
> substitution.

Great, thanks.

> Any non core developer checking out from CVS should be working with a
> specific version - we make no guarantees that HEAD will work, and,
> quite
> often, the UI and API will be out of synch. We only guarantee that
> equivalent versions of UI and API work together, though it is possible,
> for
> minor revs, that most or all of the features will work together.

OK, then we have three options:

1. Change WS (and ldappc?) so it is consistent with UI where you need to
checkout two projects to get it to work
2. Change UI to be like WS and ldappc (and signet) where you need to checkout
one project to get it to work
3. Agree to disagree, leave the projects the way they are in this regard, and
not be consistent

I will assume #3 unless we want to discuss at the next call...

Regards,