Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: "Tom Zeller" <>
- To: "Chris Hyzer" <>
- Cc: "Emily Eisbruch" <>, "Grouper Dev" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] grouper binary build proposal
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:05:44 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=HBTDYF078ikZWp+wiYAP98PXxaQ59wSWyzVMSA7OgmPssnUS0UXI2X0rcSxuvSWwN6 /gExdJrMAykkCbbhkIvl8fr7r3GL0QSU2sx8IiA27BLp/dSuFJRr5XjUHsGQZZg5Iy3A MBGlT0bjdgMbutVui5ZE68dtYbDA9yc1kcJq8=
My proposal for a binary build is:
Gzip file: grouper.1.4.tar.gz:
/lib/grouper: all jars that grouper needs, including grouper.jar
/lib/jdbcSamples: some drivers that the user can choose from… e.g. the ones we test with. Note, the user can use these or get their own, explained in readme
/conf: all resources and all config example files, and the same files with the real name. So there would be grouper.example.properties == grouper.properties
/bin: all the example scripts, and the non-examples ones: gsh.example.bat == gsh.bat (note, all line endings need to be right… note, permissions might not be right [e.g. executable in unix], should be in readme).
/ext: any extensions (note, currently there are none to bundle in… should we include this or wait until there are extensions? )
Should we package javadoc or other docs (or keep in cvs?)
Should logs go to base dir, or should we auto-create dirs for logs and keep in /logs dir?
- Re: [grouper-dev] standardizing build procedures, (continued)
- Re: [grouper-dev] standardizing build procedures, Tom Zeller, 09/15/2008
- Re: [grouper-dev] standardizing build procedures, Dave Donnelly, 09/16/2008
- Re: [grouper-dev] grouper binary build proposal, Tom Zeller, 09/15/2008
- Re: [grouper-dev] grouper binary build proposal, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 09/18/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.