grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Re: [signet-dev] Proposal for ldappc provision scoping behavior

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Re: [signet-dev] Proposal for ldappc provision scoping behavior

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • Cc: "Michael R. Gettes" <>, Grouper Dev <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Re: [signet-dev] Proposal for ldappc provision scoping behavior
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:27:02 -0500

Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
Tom, I disagree with you about using different attributes for different ldappc instances.

To clarify, I also do not advocate using different membership attributes for different ldappc instances. I *do* advocate using a single ldappc instance to maintain the single membership attribute, and to not let that instance mess with any "-groups" provisioning, at least not if the site intends to use more than one ldappc instance in toto.

Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technologies
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director for Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1