grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Re: [signet-dev] Proposal for ldappc provision scoping behavior

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Re: [signet-dev] Proposal for ldappc provision scoping behavior

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • Cc: Tom Barton <>, Grouper Dev <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Re: [signet-dev] Proposal for ldappc provision scoping behavior
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:40:20 -0500

On Aug 11, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Michael R. Gettes wrote:

On Aug 11, 2008, at 17:05, Kathryn Huxtable wrote:

Michael, I'm not sure that ldappc ever correctly handled multiple chefs cooking isMemberOf. It always deleted everything that it didn't provision. We need some sort of prefix scheme for these.

My testing from last year showed ldappc was doing the right stuff.
But, since you are now head chef for ldappc, I will follow your lead.
If it's broken - then I think it should be fixed.

I think it was always broken. It was certainly intended to work the way it does now. You and I are in agreement that we think that should be changed.

Tom, I disagree with you about using different attributes for different ldappc instances. This cuts to one of CoManage's heart chambers. (CoManage has a two-chambered heart.) The isMemberOf attribute is well understood to contain group membership.

+1

Now we just have to convince Tom. ;-)

-K