grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] grouper membership loader

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] grouper membership loader

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] grouper membership loader
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:46:04 -0500

Chris,

That's great. Should this go into the contrib area of the wiki?

I know that GaTech, USC, and probably others are thinking deeply about how they might go about loading groups. I'm curious about their reaction to this design.

What happens to static memberships or composites for groups with grouperLoader type? How many of these are likely to be supportable at one time? How many does Penn plan to have? Is there any parametrization possible, ie, the idea that one select statement might produce the memberships of a bunch of groups, with some columns indicating which group and others the Subjects that belong to the group? Does each query update or replace the membership? Can the scheme be adapted for sites that have message-based integration available, ie, incremental changes are pushed into grouper, rather than pulling entire memberships into it?

And many more questions...

Tom

Chris Hyzer wrote:
Hey,

I am working on a generic loader for grouper memberships that we can use at Penn. Let me know any feedback and maybe we can discuss at the next grouper call.

Here is a wiki:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Loader

Here is the source (but probably not ready for you to use yet unless you are very brave):

http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/grouper-ext/grouper-loader/?root=I2MI

Kind regards,

Chris

begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technology
adr;dom:1155 E. 60th St.;;Rm 309, 1155 Bldg;Chicago;IL;60637
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director - Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1