grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Custom group types, attributes and names

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Custom group types, attributes and names

  • From: blair christensen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Custom group types, attributes and names
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:50:23 -0800

On 2005.01.25 12:20, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
> As it happens loadByKey and loadById both require me to know the group type
> in advance - or accept the default type of 'base'.

Yeah. I think there are either comments in the code, bugzilla or my
own notes mentioning that the type argument should be removed for those
two methods. I'm not really sure why I had a type argument for those
in the first place. If this isn't already a ticket in Bugzilla
I'll make sure to add it.

> GrouperBackend appears to do the lookup correctly, but GrouperGroup
> forces a type assignment on the returned group.

And this is a combination bug/temporary solution.

Adding these to the list of things to fix.

Thanks.