comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Creating new Provisioning Target - Options on Provisioning

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Creating new Provisioning Target - Options on Provisioning

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Creating new Provisioning Target - Options on Provisioning
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:31:34 -0400

On 4/1/14 5:13 PM,

wrote:
Creating a new Provisioning Target via plugin. What (may) be different is the
users will want to change details at the time of manually provisioning. This
is for Kerberos.

The admin user want to set a new expiration date, or expire a user.

Looking at how manual provisioning works for LDAP, there does not seem to be
any hook for entering custom info. It just takes the defaults.

Is there a hook I am missing? If not, how can I introduce custom values?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this.

There are two ways to add custom data: extended attributes (which are passed to provisioners) and custom models (which aren't). With the latter option, a plugin could extend the COmanage data model and then pull that data at provisioning time.

I don't think it makes sense to provide a way to pass data at manual provisioning time. Provisioning is designed to be invisible... it could happen automatically, and having some data that only gets passed at manual provisioning (but not when automatically provisioned) would likely get confusing.

In the example you describe, an admin can set an expiration date or expire a role record, which would trigger provisioning. The plugin could then determine if there are no valid roles that an expiration or deprovisioning action should be kicked off. (Note that in the COmanage data model, expiration dates attach to role records, not to people.)

Thanks,

-Benn-