wg-pic - [wg-pic] RE: Google opening up video groupchat specs (surprise, it's XMPP based!)

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[wg-pic] RE: Google opening up video groupchat specs (surprise, it's XMPP based!)

  • From: "Callahan, Tim" <>
  • To: "Callahan, Tim" <>, "" <>
  • Cc: Scott Brim <>
  • Subject: [wg-pic] RE: Google opening up video groupchat specs (surprise, it's XMPP based!)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:46:35 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Other relevant news this week from Justin's blog:

Google Talk now supports XMPP Jingle
http://juberti.blogspot.com/
"we've just finished updating Google Talk and its related services to speak
XMPP's Jingle call signaling protocol."
The announcement:
"We are pleased to announce that we have launched support for Jingle
XEP-166 and XEP-167 for Google Talk calls to and from Gmail, iGoogle,
and Orkut. We have also added the same level of support to libjingle
(http://code.google.com/p/libjingle), which is used by many native
clients. From this point on, it will be our primary signalling
protocol, and the old protocol will only remain for backwards
compatibility."