wg-pic - Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday September 18, 4pm EDT

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday September 18, 4pm EDT

  • From: Elaine Lauerman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Meeting notes from - [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday September 18, 4pm EDT
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:52:45 -0400

* In addition to the audio call, there is a chatroom.
To join the jabber chatroom for PIC during the call, point your jabber client to

-----

Starting Time: 4:00 PM US/Eastern
Occurs: Every Thursday
Duration: 1 hour maximum

To join the call, do one of the following:
a. Dial 1-734-615-7474 , 1-800-392-6130 or 1-866-411-0013
   and enter access code 0125986
b. To have the system call you, click here:
   https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0125986

Our homepage is here:
http://pic.internet2.edu

and our wiki can be found here:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/picwg/Home

Please try to make the call we have several items that need to be discussed for
our Fall Member Meeting participation.

Attendees 9/11: Deke Kassabian,  Elaine Lauerman, Tim Callahan, Jorj Bauer

Development
- nothing new this week
- servers need to be ready by the end of September because Jorj will be on vacation in October.
action: elaine to ping Dan
9/10: Dan has server ready for Jorj to install software
9/11: Jorj waiting on password from Dan
9/18: server up and running

Logistics
If we decide we want to have a survey again
* get feedback on demo
* review and update SMM survey
* what would they like to the group to improve upon, member meeting demo/on campus.
* more capabilities with the PIC demo at MM and on campus

- identity management id
*enable users to be able to create their own acct on our server
* get the PIC.edu package out so people can try and use their jabber id

web client server sw needs to be installed first. rodney has some
experience with this.

Locate the list of schools already using Jabber servers.
Add this list to the PIC landing page (Deke and Tim to look for list)
add list to website (from Deke)

Look at the Educause list to see which schools are interoperable - Tim

After FMM prep work done we need to focus on getting the cookbook finished
Darian will update with Penn's notes.
Duke - Mark Macayhill, ?
Wisc - Jessie willing to participate
MIT -  Dennis and Mark Silis
Washington

The following are deadlines for the FMM:

- website installation instructions 9/12
email exchange on what we will support before next call. pointer back to PIC demo - PSI client,
- pocket program 9/16
elaine - pointer to what we used last time (DONE)
- signs 10/1
- initial program to printer 10/1

Review web content for installation instructions http://pic.internet2.edu/trials/200804-trial.html

- general plan is to repeat the SMM

- set up chat rooms for outside meetings eg. working group meetings
action: elaine to send session organizers email (DONE)

- would like a table for a help desk (will be located in the food and beverage room)
action: elaine request table with meeting planners (DONE)
elaine - include power strip for MM

Documentation status:
- no one on the call to report on it

Any questions regarding the minutes, contact Elaine Lauerman.

--elaine