wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] draft October 25 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] draft October 25 PIC minutes

  • From: Mark Sirota <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] draft October 25 PIC minutes
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:09:44 -0500

--On 2007-11-01 10:05 AM -0800 Ben Chinowsky <> wrote:
- choosing a single XMPP server to work with. Rodney noted that MAMS has
already Shibbolized jabberd 1.4, but suggested that OpenFire would be a
better choice for PIC.edu.

Sorry for being late to the party, but can anyone point me to documenation about this? I'm curious how Shibboleth, which is fundamentally a web-based authentication mechanism, is useful for jabberd.

Thanks,

Mark
--
Mark Sirota, Associate Director, Network Engineering and Services
University of Pennsylvania, Information Systems and Computing