wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] draft March 29 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] draft March 29 PIC minutes

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] draft March 29 PIC minutes
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:35:09 -0400

Here is a definition of presence from the pic.edu project survey introduction:

Presence in the context of real-time communications is described as the willingness and ability of a user to communicate with other users on the network (RFC3856) such that users are allowed to subscribe to each other's state and be notified of changes in others' states (RFC2778). The most common examples are seen in contact lists where an icon indicates the communication availability of another user or device.

Is there anything questionable or neglected in that definition?

Candace