wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] draft March 29 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] draft March 29 PIC minutes

  • From: Deke Kassabian <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] draft March 29 PIC minutes
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:06:58 -0400

--On Wednesday, April 4, 2007 4:09 PM -0700 Ben Chinowsky <> wrote:

*Action Items as of April 4*
[ACTION] (3/22) Deke will recruit Michael Gettes to work
on PIC.edu.

Michael may join the call and/or the group chat today at 4pm EDT. I shared the project proposal and he and I discussed it a bit.

He also asked about whether the group had working definitions of presence and whether we had use cases.

I told him that I didn't know about a written definition that the group used, but that we talk about rich presence (including location, capabilities, schedule, preferences) rather than just simple presence (online/offline). But that PIC.edu as a project will be limited by real server implementations, such as what is implemented in Jabber. And that Peter has been in on that conversation.

As for use cases, I mentioned that we had discussed pulling some together as recently as last call and that we might be borrowing a bit from RTC-AG.

I'll "see" some of you in about an hour.

-------
Deke Kassabian, Senior Technology Director
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania