wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] draft July 6 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] draft July 6 PIC minutes

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] draft July 6 PIC minutes
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:46:40 -0600
  • Jabber-id:

Mark Sirota wrote:
> --On July 17, 2006 10:34:05 AM -0600 Peter Saint-Andre
> <>
> wrote:
>>> [ACTION] (6/29) Mark will find out if jabberd 1.x supports roster push.
>>
>> If by roster push you mean what's defined in RFC 3921, then yes.
>
> I think we were really wondering about JEP-0144, and while we're at it,
> whether there is any reasonable client support for it as well.

JEP-0144 superseded JEP-0093, an old protocol that was quite useful but
not widely implemented. I am not sure of the state of implementation in
various clients. I doubt that it is Gaim, for instance, because Gaim
implements a kind of "lowest common denominator" of functionality
(what's in all IM services such as AIM and MSN), and those services do
not include the roster item sharing feature defined in JEP-0144. It's
more likely to be implemented in a dedicated Jabber client such as Psi.
And if it's not implemented, file a feature request. :-)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation