wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] draft July 6 PIC minutes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] draft July 6 PIC minutes

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] draft July 6 PIC minutes
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:34:05 -0600
  • Jabber-id:

Ben Chinowsky wrote:
> *Action Items as of July 13*
>
> (high priority)
> [ACTION] (6/29) Mark will find out if jabberd 1.x supports roster push.

If by roster push you mean what's defined in RFC 3921, then yes.

> [ACTION] (6/15) Rodger will look into the status of Jingle for Gaim.

I can poke the Gaim developers about that at OSCON.

> [ACTION] (5/4) Rodger will send the PIC WG a matrix of XMPP clients to try.
> [ACTION] (5/4) Rodger will send notes to assorted mailing lists, asking for
> input on PIC's XMPP plan.

Let me know if you'd like input on these.

> (medium priority)
> [ACTION] (5/11 - on hold for the summer) Ben T. will look for students
> active
> in Place Lab to work with PIC.
> [ACTION] (4/13) Rodger, Joe, Ben T., Steve, and Candace will continue
> testing
> Gaim SIMPLE against pals.
> [ACTION] (3/2) Joe will ask Jon Peterson to join a PIC call to talk about
> work
> in IETF SIMPLE.

If Jon is too busy (he's on the IESG now), you could perhaps rope in
Robert Sparks or Hisham Khartabil (co-chairs of the SIMPLE WG).

> *Discussion*

The discussion summary looks accurate to me. Work on the Jingle specs
has restarted with the aim of getting the core specs stable by the end
of the summer (with concomitant updates to the various open source
libraries).