wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Re: [pic-ser] Important update to pic-ser documentation

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Re: [pic-ser] Important update to pic-ser documentation

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Re: [pic-ser] Important update to pic-ser documentation
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:23:50 -0400

Michael Van Norman wrote:

I believe that presence information will go away if you go offline, not
sure if that happened in this case. It will happen automatically if you
don't use the client for a period of time (configurable under your
Settings).

No, what happens is your presence information shows offline rather than
simply away. Away happens automatically when you go idle, but you should
not go off-line.

Okay - when your subscription expires, i.e. your refresh interval passes, then it marks you as offline and you cannot get or send updates until you re-register with the server.

I don't think setting Refresh Interval to 0 would work at all, did it?

Nope. Whatever this setting is supposed to do, it seems broken to me.

If you can help to collect some information so that we can make a repot to Xten - subscription state and error messages from the Diagnostic Log, that would be terrific. It seems to work for me but I haven't tested all day long yet.

Candace