wg-pic - Re: Video quality

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: Video quality

  • From: Ben Teitelbaum <>
  • To: "Samir Chatterjee" <>
  • Cc: <>, <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: Video quality
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:40:27 -0400

Samir,

This talk from the First Joint Internet2/DOE QoS Workshop in February
2000 seems highly relevant:

Objective Estimation of Video and Speech Quality to Support Network
QoS Efforts Stephen Voran and Stephen Wolf (Institute for
Telecommunication Sciences) slides (PDF), video (Real), abstract
(HTML)
http://qbone.internet2.edu/meetings/houston2000/

I recall that it was quite good. I can't speak to what Stephen and
Stephen have been doing since.

-- ben

"Samir Chatterjee"
<>
writes:

> Hi:
> Does anyone know of either an objective or subjective measure of video
> quality? We have found out that there are such metrics in the voice
> space. There is the R-factor (from ITU) and MOS score probably developed
> by Bell Labs when it comes to voice. But we have not found any article,
> publication on the same for video.
>
> There was a recent group within ITU-T that met a few times to come up
> with such video measure but I don't know what happened to them. Anyway
> any pointers would be appreciated. For the VC companies that are in this
> mailing list, is it possible to share some internal research on
> measuring video quality that you may have?
> Thanks
> Samir
>
> Dr. Samir Chatterjee
> School of Information Science
> Claremont Graduate University
> 130 East 9th Street
> Claremont, CA 91711
> (P) 909-607-4651
> (F) 909-621-8564
> http://fac.cgu.edu/~chatters

  • Video quality, Samir Chatterjee, 08/20/2004
    • Re: Video quality, Ben Teitelbaum, 08/25/2004